Just like any other offshore industry professionals, GaiaTellus engineers are also aware of what type of a harsh, demanding, environment our oceans represent. Market professionals will appreciate what we have in mind, once they become familiar with how our platforms are designed and how we have optimized performance and dependability of our product, by choice of suppliers, materials, compounds and construction methods for longevity. We still have various tests and R&D to carry out to assure ourselves of performance on these our first versions.
A NEXT GENERATION TECHNOLOGY
GAIATELLUS OCEAN-CURRENT SOLUTION
1. Our platforms have longevity functions built in to the propulsion unit including a (Protective Marin Hull System).
2. The same materials can be incorporated into the design of the surface unit/floating platform units themselves.
3. This “Hull System” offers low maintenance, perfect indoor climate 24/7 for generators and other sensitive equipment.
- NOT SENSITIVE
4. In addition, our platforms and associated equipment/gear will have very few moving parts under the water surface.
5. GaiaTellus' designs offer very little sensitivity to underwater growth of shells, barnacles, salinity and corrosion.
6. GaiaTellus' platforms will not contain other elaborate technical or sensitive gear to be placed under the surface.
7. Other offshore fatigue factors are reduced by using protective, highest quality compounds and materials.
8. Our platforms are suitable for tidal currents & ocean currents from the surface down to 100 meters depth.
9. GaiaTellus' platforms can be adjusted to current's speed by increasing/decreasing "energy generating unit" size.
10. Dyneema anchorage cords (strong as steel wires) have extended life span and is not sensitive to salinity.
11. Simplicity of platform's construction offers options to use regular mechanical shops and simplified transport.
12. CFD analysis by D3 Applied Technologies suggests increased efficiency from 3 knots and up.
13. Our different size platforms will be able to have generators from 1MW and up.
14. Analysis indicates that a 10MW platform in a 4.5 knots current equals 4x5MW "offshore" wind turbines in MVh production.
15. Our solutions offer relatively close to 100% efficiency in relation to installed capacity independent of current speed.
16. Our solutions work with speeds down to 3 knots with acceptable increase of capex at lower speeds of current.
17. CAPEX/Production indicates enough efficiency, why we can afford quality components & material throughout.
18. OPEX is also by comparison lower as a result of less sensitive equipment and fewer moving parts.
TESTING PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW
Real Life tests performed onboard GaiaTellus' first "pilot" platform (most likely to be located on the Spanish coast or along UK coastline) will, upon completed tests, be followed up with evaluation of efficiency performed by Swedish Government "SP" engineers as well as other Swedish Industry professionals. This includes, "maritime approval" procedures with necessary details to be verified, by our appointed Classification Society "DNV-GL".
Swedish Technical University specialists will be invited to participate together with our own Management Team to be elected in the near future in "our road to the market" process. Independent "3rd-party" opinion professionals, will also be invited before we convey our data/results results to potential partners/fundraising entities and potential investors. Meanwhile, illustrations of our technology will as soon as appropriate be updated at this, our GaiaTellus Energy Inc. website as we progress.
Upon completion and after our first "pilot" platform's first 12 months of successful operation, we see no reasons to delay the ensuing commercial establishment process. After the fact, we will intensify our efforts, hire more people and expand GaiaTellus organization as soon as possible.
We will obviously (having come this far) already focus on having engaged the best possible financial advisors available. We want to ensure proper financial management during the "build-up" process, thus reducing potential risk factors further, related to this sequence as well as coming phases.
We trust that by reaching this next level in our commercialization process and ambition to get to the market, we will have necessary information "on hand" to become eligible and more easily be granted funding of our future platforms. Be it grants from Governments initially and/or investments coming from some of our existing owners. We trust that we will also be able to attract the general public to become owners of future GaiaTellus-Energy Corps. and platforms.